The lives of three innocent children have reportedly taken by a fierce midnight fire in a community in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State.
According to confirmed reports on the incidents, it was gathered that both parent were not at home when the incident that claimed the lives of their three children happened.
The father of the kids ( a local musician ) reportedly went to perform at an event, while the mother reportedly eloped with a lover to a nearby hotel, leaving the kids aged 5, 4 and 2 years home alone.
A resident in the neighborhood told reporters that the mother locked the three children in a room and lit a candle before she left with her lover.
According to him, “ The woman is a teacher. She left with her lover to a hotel that night, leaving the kids with no guardian.
“ She locked her three children in a room and they got burnt beyond recognition by the fire believed to have been caused by the candle .
“ The children were very very young, the eldest was 5-years old, while the other two children are 4 and 2 years respectively.
“ The police has taken her into custody for proper investigation . ”
Haruna Mohammed ,the Police Public Relations Officer in the state , has confirmed the incident in a statement.
Mr Mohammed did not say anything concerning the arrest of the lady but said the children sustained varying degrees of burns and all died on the spot.
Mohammed also added that, ” Following the distress call , Police patrol team rushed to the scene , cordoned off the area and the fire was put off by local volunteers before the arrival of firefighters .
“ The kids were photographed and corpses buried, according to their traditional customs .”